Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dave's stupid schedule

Dave finally got in contact with the counselor.  Turns out that Dave's NYC meeting was cancelled and we could have gone to the May 5th appointment, but we couldn't get it back.  So, now we have a 3 week set-back and can't get in to see the counselor until the end of May.

I'm also feeling horrible guilt because I basically guilted Dave into cancelling a meeting in NYC on the 13th so he could take me to my surgery.  I know it was an important meeting.  I know I could have gotten myself to surgery, had it, and then waited for Dave to fly home and get me.   I'm sure I would have been fine.   I probably should have just done it myself, but the surgical nurse has asked me TWICE if I had someone who would be here and take me home after the surgery.  She also doesn't want me to be alone for 24 hours after the surgery.  I don't know why.  I basically lied to her twice because I knew Dave wanted to be in NYC.  It made me angry that I had to have the surgery and Dave got to "not deal with it".  I'm a human pin cushion.  He doesn't get that.

No comments:

Post a Comment