Thursday, July 28, 2011

Choosing our gene pool = intense arguments

Last week we got 2 donor profiles. One is a 5'7" girl with hazel eyes and one is a 5'9" girl with blue eyes.  I got attached to the 5'9" girl's profile and was ready to GO!  Dave wasn't able to come home that week and when he did, he didn't want to discuss the profiles.  He's pissed that the doctor didn't send us these weeks back, like he had requested.  He travels all the time and doesn't want to have to make a decision quickly.  Every time we try to talk about the donor, we get in an argument.  Severe arguments!!  It's brutal.  I've probably hung up on him over 5 times this week.  He doesn't like the donors because they are too old (30 and 32).  He wants someone younger, even if they don't meet all our criteria for a donor.  He knows we would have a better chance with a younger donor.  He wants her to be 25 years or younger.  He made me call the doctor and ask for them to send us younger girls' profiles to look at.  They told me they didn't have any.  Not acceptable to Dave.  When we switched to Strong, we were told they had TONS of donors to pick from.  Dave wants to be able to go there and look through them all.  He doesn't want them choosing 2 for us to pick from.  He has a point.  But, I am past having control of this whole thing.  We control nothing.  The doctor controls everything.

Dave continued to get more and more pissed off.  He kept having me call the doctor.  And then he would verbally beat me up when I would deliver the message.  I hated every minute of it.  And I was hooked on the tall, blue eyed donor.  That really worked for me.   And they told me if we didn't make up our mind quickly to use that donor, they would have to offer her to someone else.  Dave called the doctor this morning and found out that Strong only has FIVE donors!!!!!!  That's it!  Seriously?  They made it sound like they had hundreds to pick from.  He will come home at midnight today and we will talk and choose one.  Moving forward, one centimeter at a time.  It will be amazing if our relationship lasts throught this.

No comments:

Post a Comment