Monday, May 14, 2012

Week 36 & 11 days to go!

Well, I'm starting to pack on the pounds now.  I weigh 187 lbs.  This is officially more than Dave weighs in at 186.6 lbs.  It's also a big weight increase from just a week ago.  I am measuring 43 weeks pregnant, which is less than last week.  This is due to the fact that the babies have dropped very low.  Which makes eating easier....obviously, by my weight!!  My middle measurement is still at 47 inches.  I am still only dilated 1 cm.  We met with the doctor who will perform the c-section, if we make it to May 25th.  He's a big guy (think lumberjack, beard and all!).  Dave asked how big of an incision they make for the c-section.  He says it has to be just a little wider than his hand so he can reach in and pull the babies out.  Hmmmm......why can't we have a small, Asian woman as our surgeon?!!!

During the 3D ultrasound last week, Dave and I were looking at Baby A's face in horror.  It appeared that his eye was hanging out of his head, he had a cleft lip, and his nose was huge and squished.  I knew if there was a real problem, then would have told us and just chalked it up to the fact that 3D ultrasounds are just for entertainment purposes only.  Dave has been stressed about it for a week and asked the doctor today.  They have no concerns about our "Mr. Potato Head" baby with his dangling eye and nose on his forehead.  I can't wait to finally meet him and see what he looks like for real!  :)

In addition to being completely uncomfortable and tired all the time now, I have horrible back aches, nerve pains shooting down my legs, numbness around my belly button from stretching too much, numbness in hands and wrists from pregnancy induced carpal tunnel (who knew?), and leg aches.  I've lost my pregnant "glow"!! :/

I've been telling the babies that whoever breaks their amniotic sac first will be my favorite.  They haven't made any moves.  It appears that they have paid for their late checkout and will stay for all the remainder of the days.  Stubborn just like their father!

Next doctor appointment is in a week on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment