Friday, October 28, 2011

First OB/GYN appointment

I had my first appointment today at my regular gyn doctor.  Of course, Strong never sent the records over.  I had to sit there for over a half hour waiting to them to fax it.  I had called them almost 2 weeks ago telling them about my appointment.  "We'll have your records sent before your appointment so your doctor knows about all the procedures you've been through."  Uh huh, right.  Again, they already have all our cash, so there's really no urgency on their part.

My doctor spent about an hour wading through all my medications with me and taking medical history information.  We don't have any "real" information about the donor.  That kind of irks me.  Strong had originally told me we'd get a 13 page packet with all the medical history.  We only got a cover sheet with her height, weight, eye and hair color, hobbies, education, and very slight info on her parents and children.  I'm probably going to call Strong and ask, but I doubt I'll get anywhere.

So, my doc won't do anything about the morning sickness.  I haven't gained any weight yet.  I'm 8 weeks along.  She said that I'm supposed to be putting on a pound a week for another month, and then 1.5 pounds a week for the rest of the pregnancy.  That's going to be rough.  Eating is a CHORE for me now. I force myself to do it so I don't feel sick all the time.  I never thought that eating would become a chore!!!!!

Strong says my medications will probably stop in a couple more weeks.  My gyn doctor says they might keep me on the shots until I'm 23 weeks along.  That is like receiving a death sentence.  My butt is completely destroyed by these shots.  It hurts more than I can put into words.  It's bruised and lumpy.  I want to cry.

I constantly have 6 estrogen patches stuck to my stomach with numbers on them so I know when to change them.  The intern was doing my exam and he looks at them and says "Are these the Powerball numbers?"  Haha!  I needed that humor! :)

Going back in 2 more weeks for next appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment