Saturday, October 22, 2011

TWINS!!!?!

OMG!  We went to the ultrasound on Monday.  We waited for the doctor over an hour.  I had so many clues that there might be more than one baby and I was so anxious.  They did the ultrasound and one black blob appeared.  The doc said, "There's one baby."  I was so sure there was twins that I actually felt a bit confused.  Then I clearly saw 2 black blobs.  She didn't say anything about them.  Then she said, "Baby #1's measurements are......".  At which point I asked, "How many do you see?"  "Oh", she says, "This is definitely a twin pregnancy."  Huh?!!  When were you going to tell us?

Nervous, excited, scared, happy.....feeling it all.   There is a 1 in 4 chance that one twin could vanish.  It happens a lot.  This explains the incredible morning sickness.  It also explains the insane fatigue and sharp, stabbing pains.  I've been pretty sick and I'm looking forward to feeling better.  Got lots of planning to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment