Thursday, June 2, 2011

FML

I had my post op appointment today.  I took a half a day off of work.  I drove into the city.  I paid a $15 co-pay.  I waited over 40 minutes in a bare room to see the doctor.  The appointment lasted 2 minutes:  Any problems after your surgery?  Nope.  Any bleeding?  Nope.  Okay, everything looked good during the surgery.  You're all set.
WHAT??????  Are you kidding?  It is clear that there are so many people who make shitloads of money off of people who can't get pregnant.  That appointment was a joke.  He said we can't go any further until the counselor turns in her report.  Hmmmmmm, well, the counselor is just "swamped" so that's not going to happen anytime soon.  It was my understanding that all of these procedures would be done this summer and I would then know if I was going forward in life with a baby or not.  Nope.  Everybody is on hold until this counselor gets her report done.  That means we also have to put our vacation plans on hold.   This is so utterly unfair....it chokes me up.
I asked to see the Egg Donor Coordinator to get an idea of what lies ahead.  She said she really can't tell me until the counselor gets her report in.   In one week, I will be allowed to start my "mock cycle".  This is the cycle that the doctor said is very easy and they will just put an estrogen patch on me.  Well......turns out that that ISN'T all there is to it.  I have to be on the pill, have an estrogen patch, give myself lupron shots every day, have blood taken every 3 days, and come in for several ultra-sounds.  I am beyond frustrated.  And the clock keeps ticking.  And our vacation is drifting away.  Quite honestly, we're probably looking at end of summer or early fall now.

No comments:

Post a Comment