Monday, April 30, 2012

Week 34 and Maternity ER visit

I woke up yesterday and had a few symptoms of labor (I'll spare the gory details).....although one of them was that my pants were completely soaked.  I called the doctor on call (because, of course, it was Sunday) and she told me to come to the maternity ER.  They did a non-stress check (all good) and then checked to see if I was leaking amniotic fluid.  The test showed that I wasn't....but she wasn't convinced.  I was also dilated 1 cm.   So, they put me on the non-stress machine for another hour.  All good again.  They did another check for amniotic fluid....and found nothing.  So, my water hasn't broken.  I probably just peed myself.  Nice. :)  They did determine that I am having very mild (and almost unnoticable to me) contractions every 1-2 minutes.  That, plus being dilated 1 cm, are cues to pay attention to other labor symptoms and call right away if I notice anything.  Dave came home and immediately went into "nesting" mode and cleaned out his office and organized his files!  It was comical!!  So, I am home, resting, and back to waiting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment