Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Here we go again?

We thought our failed IVF was the end of the road.  I mourned and was ready to move on - baby free.  Then, someone hooked me with, "Did I ever tell you how I got pregnant?"  An egg donor????  What?  Why have I never, ever pondered using an egg donor?  In ALL the reading I have done, day after day, month after month, year after year.  I thought I knew EVERYTHING about infertility.   After the failed IVF, my doc said, "No more IVF.  I will not take your money.  It is rarely successful at your age."  Okay, that sounded like the end to me.  I accepted that.  We tried.   We tried really hard.  We spent too much money.  We were done.  Except, on a whim, I called a new doctor at Strong.  I set up a consultation appointment.  We went last week.  There are egg donors ready and willing.  This possibility is turning me into a silly mess.  Do I dare let myself feel this hope again?  Will I be okay having a baby that is not genetically mine?  We did a lot of talking.  We did a LOT of arguing.  I guess I don't even need the fertility shots to be "crazy".

No comments:

Post a Comment