Monday, April 25, 2011

Saline Sonohistogram and another set-back

I went in this morning for a Saline Sonohistogram......yeah, and it's as pleasant as it sounds.  I've had about 4 of them in my lifetime.  That's about 4 more than anybody should have to have.  Deloitte had Dave, so I went solo.  Of course, the doctor and her intern found "something".  They didn't say that while I had my feet in the stirrups, but she asked me to get dressed and come meet them in the conference room.  Never good.  The sonogram shows that there is something in my uterus.  I'm no doctor, but right off the bat, I'm going to rule out that it's a baby.  I had a pretty involved surgery less than a year ago to remove huge fibroid tumors that had taken over my uterus, inside and out.  They had to cut my uterus into many pieces and sew it back together.  This doctor says she doesn't believe the "something" is a fibroid, although I do have a bunch of those already growing back.....but too small at this point to worry about.  She thinks it might be scar tissue or a polyp - maybe.  And guess what?  They only way to tell is another surgery!  So, I'll be calling to schedule my "hysteroscopy" sometime for the next month.   It will be done under anesthesia and I should be in and out of the hospital in a day.  Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment