Sunday, April 24, 2011

To tell or not to tell, that is the question.

The next hurdle in this egg donor project is making the decision whether to tell the baby, friends, and family that I am not the bio-mom.  I've actually fluctuated on my thinking over this in the past few weeks.  I am definitely 100% in favor of telling the baby.  I think everyone has the right to know where they come from.  And God-forbid that I don't tell the baby and he/she finds out later.  Horror.  As far as friends and family go, I originally thought that we wouldn't tell anybody.  I am so angry at my situation with infertility. I am angry that  most people don't have to make these horrid decisions.  Why me?  Why do the people in my life and family have to know that we resorted to using someone else's egg?  But, then, over the weeks, I  have made the decision that I just don't care anymore.  I don't care who knows.  I don't care what other people think of this decision.  I don't care.  If people judge me and the things I've had to do in order to try to have a family, then I hope they have their own struggles with infertility.  I know that's mean.....but it's really how I feel.  I'm angry.  So, what do I have to hide?  Am I embararassed that I have to use someone else's eggs?  Nope.  Am I nervous. Yep.  It's better if the whole world knows.  I'm a realist.  This is just part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment