Thursday, April 21, 2011

OMG - Really???

I am trying to calm down and get my wits about me again.  In order to "qualify" to receive donor eggs, we must go to a counseling appointment that will last 2.5 hours.  I knew this ahead of time.  I thought I was prepared.  I had the counselor's name and phone number and have tried to get ahold of her 3 times this week.  Finally this evening, a different counselor called me back to schedule an appointment.  She started talking to me like I was donating MY eggs.  No, ma'am, you seriously don't want MY eggs.  WE don't even want MY eggs.  When we cleared up the fact that we needed to get this appointment to "okay" us to go forward to be the RECIPIENT of donor eggs, we we able to schedule our appointment for May 5th.  Miraculously, it's an evening appointment, so I won't need to take more sick days from work.  I'm so afraid I'm going to have a bad attitude during this appointment and it's going to effect us being able to get donor eggs.  This lady just rubbed me the wrong way.  And I'm pissed that some random woman is going to charge us $250 to DECIDE if we're qualified to get donor eggs.  Deep in my brain, I know that the purpose of this is for her to "look out for me" and make sure I know what I'm getting into....and know what I'm losing by choosing a donor egg.  But still, I'm pissed.  This is the #1 reason I won't ever feel able to adopt.  I do NOT want other people making me jump through hoops to prove that I'll be a good mother, worthy of adopting a child, and that my house and lifestyle are good enough.  I would go crazy mad!!

So, on May 5th, Dave and I will be getting a psychological evaluation,  personality tests, and we will be asked questions to clarify that we understand what we're getting into.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment