Thursday, January 5, 2012

18 Weeks and another Emergency Room visit

I woke up this morning in even more pain that I have experienced in the past week.  I was already scheduled to go to Lakeside hospital for a cervical length check at 10:30.  By 9:00, I was so concerned with the pain that I called the doctor's office.  They told me to go to Lakeside ER right away.  At ER they did a whole bunch of tests and a cervical length test/ultrasound.  The babies looked great.  Baby B waved at us.   :)  My cervical length was 6.1cm.....this was VERY surprising since it was 2.4cm just a week ago.  I was told it might grow a millimeter maybe, but not much more than that.  If we were lucky, it would just stay at 2.4cm.  They checked for a UTI and found nothing.  When the tests were done, the ER doctor came in and said, "Okay, you're all set to leave." ????  But I was still in pain!  He said, "If it gets worse, come back."  What the heck!?

Fortunately, I was already scheduled to see my own doctor this afternoon.  I explained to her that I was still in decent pain and had been all day.  She asked if they checked for a UTI.  Yep.  She had me do another urine sample and found a little blood in my urine, but no infection.  Soooo, she said she needed to but a catheter into my bladder to take a sample.  Oh good lord!  It wasn't as bad as I expected.  She has to wait for the results and call me.   I asked her to explain how my cervical length could go from 2.4 to 6.1.  She said, "It didn't.  They needed to check it transvaginally, but they didn't.  I'm writing another script for you to go back to Strong and get it done."  Great.  I was breathing a sigh of relief about my cervix and now I'm back to stressing about it.  I have to schedule that, and probably miss another half day of work.

So, my weight:  154 lbs (down a pound from last week).  Babies heartrates:  A=157  and B=153.  Both good.  All the other ultrasound measurements looked perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment