Friday, January 6, 2012

18 weeks, ultrasound, & high-risk doctor

Since Lakeside did my cervical length ultrasound incorrectly yesterday, we were sent back to Strong to have the repeat ultrasound.  I love their ultrasound!  It's very comfortable and there is a big screen in front of us to we don't have to crane our necks to see the computer screen.  Both babies looked good.....very active!  Baby A was holding and playing with his umbilical cord and then putting his hand in his mouth while we watched.  Baby B was yawning.  It was very cool!!  My true cervical length is still around 2.4cm.  While this is still in a "danger zone", it is good that it didn't get worse.  That is what we're hoping for.  We asked the doctor about switching over to this group for the rest of the pregnancy.  It's a group of 6 high-risk doctors/midwives.  We've really liked his forthcoming manner with information.  My regular doctor never tells me anything and I have to remember to ask for things that she should just be doing.  Also, since the fiasco at Lakeside's ER yesterday, we want to have the babies at Strong.  They are much more prepared for premature babies and any other things that could come up.

So, my regular doctor in Brockport never called me today to let me know the UTI results.  I called them right before 5p and asked for the results.  The receptionist told me that the doctor would call me back.  The doctor didn't call me, but another receptionist did.  She told me that the doctor was prescribing an antibiotic.  When I asked if this was because I had a UTI the receptionist wasn't sure.  Great.  Why am I not privy to this information?  I'll be pissed if I find out that I'm on this antibiotic just to shut me up.....if I don't have a UTI.  Who knows?  Also, she never found my bloodlab results, so Strong just re-did the blood tests today.  I have to say, I have no confidence that she would have even called me before Monday with the UTI information.  That is just unacceptable!

We are officially finishing this pregnancy and birth at the high-risk group at Strong.  Whew!  I'm finally feeling a bit more in control and relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment