Monday, January 16, 2012

19 week ultrasound/check-up

We are officially switched over to the high risk doctor associated with Strong Hospital.  We had our first "real" visit today.  The ultrasound shows both boys growing nicely.  They are about 13 oz. each.  Baby B was opening and closing his mouth, drinking and swallowing.  Baby A was still face down so we couldn't get a good look at his face.  Heartbeats:  A/150 B/143.   I can feel A jumping around a lot every day.  B is much quieter, and he makes me nervous!  My weight:  159 lbs.  My cervical length is still around 24 mm.  No change is good.  If I can carry to term, they will take them both by c-section on May 24th.....although, the babies could always announce an earlier arrival at their choosing.  The blood screening for neuro-tube/Down Syndrome was good.  Chance of Down Syndrome is 1 in 18,000 and chance of neuro-tube defects is 1 in 4,000.  Things are looking good.  Hoping it stays this way!

As for names, we are thinking William and James.  Dave really wants a John or Jack.  I do like Jack, but not a fan of John.  I am thinking a cute nickname for William is Liam and for James, Jamie.  Dave isn't quite sure how he feels about the nickname Liam.  We continue to hash this out.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment