Monday, January 30, 2012

21 week ultrasound and more cervical trouble

We went for another ultrasound this morning.  The babies are big and doing great.  They are appoximately 1 lb 3 oz (A) and 1 lb 2 oz (B).  We checked our preemie chart and that is in the 50%ile.  They both turned and are in a breech position now.  Basically they are both having a joyful time jumping up and down on my bladder!  Baby B gave us the peace sign!  They gave us 3-D pictures of their faces and they look like REAL babies now!!  My weight:  164 lb (up 5 lb from 2 weeks ago). I measured around my belly and I am 39.5 inches.  The doctor measured me and said I am measuring at 25 weeks, due to it being twins.  Other interesting measurements:  head circumference 19 cm, head diameter 5.5 cm.

My cervix is not doing well.  It measures 21 mm.  That's down about 4mm.  The biggest concern is that it appears to be "funneling" which means it is opening up from the inside.  They kept asking if I was having contractions.  I didn't think I was.  I definitely had a big contraction later in the day.  That scared me.  The doctor said I need to stay off my feet as much as possible and rest with my feet up several times a day.  She asked what type of job I have.  I told her it really wasn't possible for me to do that with my job.  She has asked me to come back in a week to re-measure my cervix.  I am assuming that if it still getting shorter or funneling,  she will be pulling me from work.  When I think of all we've been through to get to this point, I will do whatever it takes to keep this pregnancy.  I cannot face trying this all over again and quite honestly, it won't matter if I don't have a cervix that works.  And I'm getting rather attached to these 2 cute little faces that I saw today.  One week at a time.  Taking it easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment