Sunday, September 25, 2011

The final 7 embies

After leaving a message every day for almost a full week, Strong finally let us know that 2 of the 7 embryos made it to blastocysts.  They have been frozen. They were rated B4 and B5 which they assure me is excellent.  The lab says they have almost a 100% of coming out of the freezing alive.  Sooooo.......in case this hellish project doesn't work out, I have that to look forward to again.

Although, this makes me think:  If only 2 out of 7 survived in the petri dish.  How many of the 2 survived when they were transferred to me?  Negative four??   Dave looks at it differently.  If most of the ones in the petri dish died, then there's a higher chance of the transferred ones making it.

My butt is bruised and there are large knots where the oil just collects.  It hurts like hell still.  On top of that, I started getting bouts of nausea all day yesterday.  I'd love to say it's because I'm pregnant, but it is just the hormones that I'm taking.  They make my body think it's pregnant.  This is psychologically bad.  I keep trying to tell myself that this isn't going to work.  I need to prepare myself for another huge let-down.  But, in my brain, I just know it's going to work.  The doctor says "prepare for the worst, hope for the best".  I'm driving myself insane.  Dave says, "Just don't think about it."  I could just smack him.  I'm jealous that he doesn't have to think about it, since he isn't pumping insane amounts of hormones into his body.  He isn't all bloated and uncomfortable all the time.

Speaking of hormones, I'm adding one more drug to my repitoire tomorrow.  I will be up to 5 different kinds of pills, patches, injections a day.....some that have to be taken twice a day.  It runs my life.

One the bright side, Dave is amazing at giving shots now.

Four more   l  o  n  g   days to wait.....

No comments:

Post a Comment